Published on 15/07/2021 at 0:53
Ausschreibung Student./Wiss. Hilfskraft für den IT-/EDV-/Medien-Bereich (10 Std./Wo.)
The International Center for Philosophy NRW (IZPH) of the Institute for Philosophy at the Chair for Epistemology, Philosophy of Modern Times and Present is looking for a
Student or research assistant (m / f / d)
for the IT / EDP / media area (10 hours / week) PDF
initially limited to March 31, 2022 (winter semester 21/22) with the option of extension.
• Maintenance of the hardware and software of the IZPH (reinstallation, maintenance, upgrading of Windows, Apple and Linux
computers, installation of Windows Office licenses or other software);
• Integration of the Xerox copier into the network in cooperation with the external service company;
• Solving internet problems in cooperation with the HRZ of the University of Bonn;
• Maintenance and servicing of the website (eg introduction of current reports, programming new sites with
• Advice and support for employees, teachers and guests in IT matters (eg home office situation with
private computers, setting up WLAN, Internet / Intranet connection, compatibility of guests’ private devices
video recording, technical setup and supervision of international Zoom conferences).
• Enrollment at a (technical) university in computer science, mathematics (or a similar subject);
• Experience with server administration would be an advantage;
• Experience with hardware and software installations;
• Knowledge of maintaining and upgrading Windows, MacOS and Linux operating systems;
• Knowledge of IT security;
• good knowledge of English and very good knowledge of German;
• the willingness to familiarize oneself with new subject areas independently;
• Above average commitment, reliability, team spirit and flexibility.
• a varied and demanding job with one of the largest employers in the region;
• work in an international working environment;
• flexible working hours by arrangement;
• the opportunity to work independently;
• Possibility to work in the home office (eg via TeamViewer) if the task allows it.
If you are interested in this position, please send your complete and meaningful application documents by July 31, 2021 with a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, certificates and, if necessary, a list of previous activities in the IT / media area, for technical reasons only in a PDF file by e-mail to email@example.com. For further information, please contact Ms. Feder (Tel .: 0228 / 73-3710).